<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Conductor


If I drive any more tonight I just may drown
I think I may finally see some water
its just what I need
to cool me down and calm my senses
I have nothing left to give to you
and nothings keeping me here
the song on the radio is slow and depressing
to calm my nerves
that were plucked by you and your band
all through the night
all through the concert
and your the giver
I'm the orchestra
here on the shore tonight
the stars have never seemed so frail
there all about to fall
or I'm about to rise until my toes touch the moon
wouldn't that be great
to follow the great chariot to the heavens
and relax
its all I can do to calm my nerves
if anything...
to let them settle from the wake
to stop the waves crashing to my guts
cascading down the flats
your almighty fleet and vessels
tearing down the beach
your the giver
but you've taken all my peace
and pulled the rug
from under my feet
I could go back the way I came
and end up in the same place
bothered by another night
another place in time
when all I want to do
is follow chariot to the moon
settle down my nerves
and sleep away the stars
A.Reynolds