<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


The devil down below, tickling my toes

If I could close my eyes
and open them to a new life
I think that I would slit my wrists
and drink the blood
from my veins
or arteries
we are no more than anything we hope for
but never any less
you are beautiful

and let me be the first to say
that every breath you take
you breathe me in
and capture my soul
that is
of course
if I had one

the devil has my toes
pulling me down
to his inner city apartment
his downtown dwellings
and Jesus you landlord
you keeper of my keys
Georgia power came and shut off the gas.
left me on my knees
cold in the street

you came running
with the steam rolling off your shoes
the soggy exhale of a sweet, sweet Georgia rain
so warm and giving
there it was
a tear

and I am torn between
my cradle and my grave
my next life
and the life you gave
Jesus
you asshole
just show compassion
and give the keys.