<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


A Fucking POEM!

I was bored, sitting by my window, watching the rain, listeining to iron and wine.
Sounds depresing dont it?................
anyway
i wrote a POEM!
it is a real POEM!
not a random stream of consciousness
but it did happen as a result of reading some lyrics; too bad.

So it kinda goes to the tune of "Muddy Hymnal"

I sat alone under a streetlight
broken bleeding in the dead of night
all i wanted
was a picture of your skin

i begged my god not to turn away
show his back and run to hell on me
he hasn't been
much of a friend these better days

i tried to move i tried to shuffle feet
never expect to have a friend to meet
he shook my hand
and he asked to see my teeth

attempt to smile and attempt to curse
my choice of words couldn't have been worse
he just laughed
and slowly took my arm

we walked along under another light
i felt a tear dripping down in spite
i saw it slip
and watched crash down to my shoes

i lifted chin and felt him look at me
i couldn't well, but then i tried to see
owed him that
at least he didn't know my name

eyes had cleared the tears have dried
i thought about that single night i cried
got a wife now
and a family living well

it wasn't god that night who looked at me
not a friend or a foe indeed
just a man
who had some sympathy
and gave his arm to me