<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Late nights drive.


all the cars on the sidewalks
are staggered around me
like sheep in a supermarket
like planets in a shopping mall
I retrace my steps
all the way back to the beginnings
the most humble beginnings
and the world doesn't spin
not here
not without you
I am lost
without even a postcard
let alone a postage stamp
Stop.
your looking at me
like I've never seen before
and you're scaring me
I am shaking in my boots
and shuttering in my gloves
every stop light
just remains of the rain
pulling trees and roots
lightning pulse in green and white
reflecting off my windscreen
and you're in every thought
I pass you on the street
holding an empty can for gas
as I pull myself together
you stand behind my back
shifting my every move