<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Spelunker.

All I think these days, is my way out

I am hitting that age

when I need something

I have had enough of not knowing anything

I have had enough of having no direction

I want to settle down

and have a routine

oh, how I would love a routine

just a little peace and comfort to finish my life

I wouldn't have to worry about making sales

or making love

or staying alive

or drinking too much


All I want

is somebody else's life

all I want is to never start


I want to steal your enthusiasm

I want to take your goals and achievements

I want a house

and a child


but I know

it must be my hormones

I know it must be

Myself, my human body

maturing

I know that when we get about this age

we just want to settle down

we just want to be good fathers (or Mothers)

we just want to have a purpose

whether that purpose be managing a k-mart

or fucking a millionaire

I want one

I want a goal

I want something to look forward to


I should save my money

I should scrounge my change

and I should move away

and join the peace corps

and I should save the rain forest

and collect endangered species

and discover new ones


I should explore the ocean

or the world

the caves and crevices

the nooks and crannies of this fucking planet

maybe I should

what do I have?


either I leave now

or I leave never


either I leave now

or I set a goal that ends, something like the American dream


Do I really want the American dream>?


I don't know


Do I really want to be a spelunker>?


I don't know


but I do know that I need a goal

Could I please have yours?


(Have you had enough of my ranting and pissing and moaning? I have. I wish my brain would just stop. My brain needs to stop being such a piss-ant................ Fuck you, Brain.)