<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


I woke up, and woke the dead up.

I came and visited you
in your two story loft
next to the tracks
the bats take flight from the chimney
every night
you make sure your there
with your bottle of wine
and a sip of your lover
just to watch them swarm
around the old side of the city
now taken over with mosquitoes and mayflies
and I listen, as you tell me
everything about your past
I am still confused
Usually I could figure you out
The bats are just a metaphor for your loft apartment
the mayflies
are just your old friends and enemies
your showing them who you really are
who you have always been
with your bottle of wine
a cockroach dweller
in the city that never starts
You've got the corner flat
overlooking the graveyard
and you wait
by the open window
every Halloween
to watch the dead rise and greet the living
to meet their maker
and gravedigger
swarming and swallowing the city
on it's knees tonight
as vampire bats
and the dead
now crowd the streets of Atlanta
Your watching from your loft apartment
hiding behind your bottle of wine
and your lover's cloak