<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


A sappy love poem, with nobody to love.

Stay asleep
and stand alone
you're the creature
you're the feature
and everybody's watching
you're the river
and the giver
you're bleeding just for me

its not like I asked you to
and its not like you care
every thing you ever speak
is floated to thin air
up and up away with leaves
butterflies
and strands of hair

sparkles of your flesh
light the trees as they float by

kisses and whisper fill my ears
when I step out my door
every morning with a suit and tie to work

If only I could keep you
six inches from my shoes
at all times and never lose
any thought of you

or any regret I may have caused
and bridge I never crossed
that I meant to

and sorrowful, meaningful me
how I cant fall asleep
without a drink
without a kiss from the devil
and a trip to the sink


so I open up my briefcase
and unfold its contents
only to find you
starving for my attention
and a sip of water