<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


I wrote you a song

I fell asleep
and while the cat creeps
the dog drinks
and the sun dips and sinks
moonlight shadowed up my trees
and the virgin falls to her knees
begging for release

sifting through your ashes
and a melted pair of glasses
tracing up your wrists
and tugging for a kiss

the baby cries
and cries out loud
but you're standing, laughing looking proud
stepping out your door
and blowing up your chest
with the goodnight air
breathing in aspirations
and exhaling any care
and relief
and belief

my uncertain, worried mind
i pray and search to find
isn't half as worth it to you,you see
i am stuck
shoveling sandbags and rain
working through the pain
so i woke up
and rolled over my eyes
to see the moon did rise
the sun did set
and the stars haven't yet

you see....
its a forced reaction
to every single thing you say
when you puff up your chest
and talk away the time