<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Amarna

There is nothing keeping me here
and the light from the whole damn situation is fading out
i am turning around to watch the moon float away
i am looking down to see the earth drown in all its sweat
i am stepping left
then right
and all that i can really see happening
is a nervous twitch
and a loosened stitch
my mother made me these

from Janet's perspective
Bob is moving by
and from Bob's
Janet is leaving

relativity and reading books
i focus
and unfocus
i breathe
and unbreathe

i must be dehydrated
my eyes keep wandering
as do my thoughts
and i can't talk to myself
not anymore
other than "shit" "fuck" "i am fucking wasted"
nobody gets it
and i cannot keep a secret for the life of me

i look west
and the sun sets just like always
and the kings and queens alike
all chase the golden chariot across the sky
here, the summer solstice
just doesn't seem the same
and here i am, floating down a river
a cool stream
slowly drowning the earth.