<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Here goes the future. There goes the present.

You walked off the porch
with a stride
I know only you can carry
and you didn't look back
good, I guess
it would have been awkward
when you turned around
to find me watching you
and daydreaming

I sent you off to work
and I sent you off to groceries
to pick up the bread

and without walking out of my life
you straight up walked
away
in my daydream it was nothing
I felt no shame
or remorse
and I couldn't help but appreciate
the fact
that you were coming back home

although, now
watching your footsteps make their own lovely way to the car
now
watching your beautiful blonde hair swing and sway in the morning breeze
I can't help but be afraid of losing you
and I can't help but feel all wound up inside
wound down

when my daydream becomes reality
when the beautiful blonde
walks back to me
and we kiss cheeks


-or-

You, beautiful, you
are sitting alone
and you are happy
waiting.............
I cannot help but appreciate you
I cannot help but think of you
beautiful sitting alone
patient
waiting
and you showed me true love
if only when we first met