<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


I am having a heart attack and it's a Newton day. When gravity strikes away. Plato told me it would happen and Mr. Einstein made a bagel.

A.
The piano plays
and your smile stays
this is nothing more
than straight lust
Mr. Judge
Mrs. Jury says so

this is my gameface
and it has been two weeks
if only I had been a little more intelligent
if only you could see
the real me
and peel away my selfish skin
because I swear it's lust
and once I find something better
somebody I can talk to
I swear it's lust
but
so much of you pulls me in
so much of you promises a future
your hazel eyes
and your lemon yellow kiss
keeps me coming home
and every smile you make
reminds me
of why I live

well, I guess
that's how it turns out
hopefully you treat me like you should
hopefully I am falling in love with you
and not what I think you are
it's all too easy to cover you in kisses

the hard part
is getting to know who you are
and really, i don't expect I'll ever know.

or

Your arms swing and sway
with the breeze
and feathers
the cool ocean air
drifts out through your hair
cooling down your soul
and my breathing is for you

the whitecaps curl
away to the beach
somewhere out of reach
but you're there
I know you
sipping on a glass of wine
drinking like its stylish
like it's style is gone
or going away
spilling like a child

You flutter and shake
on the dancefloor
watching the sun go down