<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Possum Kingdom

"behind the boat house"
don't slip
you'll only trip and fall
truth never was easy for me
but she knows that
i didn't mean anything by it, "my angel"

vampire girl
"dark hair"
and all i see is midnight black
creatures in the hills
open up their eyes
just to frighten me
they aren't looking

a neighbor's porch light
senses motion
and flips a switch
i am giving it all i have and running
i should do this more often
this exercise
now, when i need it the most
my smoker's lung is killing me
before i meet my maker

these shoes sure weren't made for running
and my hair sits on the ground ten steps behind
she kisses my chin
and wraps her tiny arms around my chest
broken and heavy
still fluttering from the oxygen

looking into my eyes,
she tells me it only hurts at first
soon, i will hold her hand forever
"i will treat you well"
and breathing won't be a burden.