<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Big fish

the world is slipping through my fingers
and without holding on too tight
i am having an anxiety attack
i am losing all my friends
and everything i do just leaves me wasted
waiting for the next day to come and go
slowly sucking me dry

i hold my head to the phone
and my neck to the cord
waiting for the call
and i know that sometime soon
the stress will build up and collapse will come
when my heart is beating just to catch up with my worried mind
all my nerves are twitching, every muscle tightens
the contraption floats around my skull
like the cannibal child waiting for his next meal

if you ever woke up
and the fear made you open up your eyes
and grab your chest
it was me
watching you sleep
it was me
hovering a foot below your bed frame
waiting and debating
when the night brings the chills
and the sweat shines on your skin
open up your arms

far beyond the ocean
to the rivers to the stream
i am the child by the water
dropping my line and singing