<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Nothing ever happens.

he is always telling the truth
and you are never listening
leading cohesive and transparent lives
your medicine is working
choke down another pill and chase it with regret
does life always head this way,
in my direction?
panic
panic
panic sets in
and the night closes in around me
the alcohol seeps through my veins
and slowly my eyes close
it's tearing my heart out
and my skin is closing in
covering the gaps, you forget it all

i am across the hall and sleeping
she is alone in bed
and with one eye open i see her
waving arms and crying
she calls me in with what little voice she has left
and i enter
Amy, is this how it is supposed to end
does dying make living life easier?
Amy, your relatives are waiting
and your angel has come

to the lawn i struggle
lifting one leg at a time
this is love, this pain
and each second passing is marked by
a realization

we hold our hands and pray
by now, it's too late
losing life is easy
appreciation
is the hardest part

so he steals her pills
and retreats to his room
where shutting off his mind
is as simple as a nightcap