<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Hairpins and flowers

The sky is turning around my head
And I am wasted
Watching my infancy pass me by
All the colors in the sunlight
Grace my lashes and I pass out with full reason
And intellect
You are here
Standing over me
Watching my every move
Yet still I lay

“Why have you come?”
“To see you when you rise
Not to watch you lay, but to look into your eyes”

I speak of poetry
And my everlasting thoughts
Of how I critique
Every word that you speak
It’s only true
It has only just begun

But “nothing” you say
“Nothing” is what has made me come
And made me stay
And made me seek you out
Your conscience
Your pre ordained future
I hope for every day
And every morning I wake up
Waiting for you

So I lay
And now my hands support my gait
Laying on the earth
Understanding it all has its perks
But missing everything in between
Does seem much worse.