<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Agreed, there is something big enough to mention.

I should have then
When you held me tight in the parking lot
Under the city lights
And the apartment windows
With
The neighbors all aglow

I should have then
When you told me you loved me
Beside the river
With the sun shining
And the warm breeze blowing off the
Concrete

I should have then
When you locked me up
And held the key

I should have then
When you called me on the phone
Half asleep
Half alive
And curious

Every day that passes
Without you in my arms
Is just another chance to tell myself
When and what
I should have done
And how
Many
Chances you have given me

Yet we stay
And happily or not
We live
Apart

And not a day
Goes by
That I don’t think of you

Holding me tight in the parking lot
Walking with me through town
Laughing in the fields
On our way to the country
Without
A care in the world

Aside from our own
Discretion