<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Dreams of beautiful blonde girls (part II)

The trees arose
To meet the water
To meet our expectations
And while we sat
On the shore
Holding hands

We laughed and kissed
And everything faded

"I am only human"
I say
As she purses her lips
And stares into my eyes

"We all die"
As she,
Still staring,
Reaches for my hand
Still soft
And wrinkled
From the water

"But, really
I am nothing more than what I was created to be"
And I do not claim
To be anything more
Than that
How could
I
Live beyond
My expectations
And abilities?

While the chemicals flutter inside my head
I dull the pain with a bottle of wine
And I sleep away the regret
And heartache
Just one more day
I tell myself
Over
And over
Again
Until

The day comes

When I realize that
Happiness never comes

And being human
Means being here
With you
On the shore
Watching the trees
Rise from the water

Being with you
Holding hands
Until
The galaxy falls apart

As I know it will
As I expect it to