<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


ECT.

The earth opened up
two feet wide
wide enough
for my two feet

and I slid on down
to the rocks and the water
to the mud and the oil

I closed my human eyes
with my human skin

I heard a voice
call out from below
"Why do you only have the five?"

and,
I responded, falling
"Because I, and we, are built in only three dimensions. It is not possible to sense anything more."

"What is taste?"
"What is touch?"
"What is hearing?"
"What is smell?"
"What is vision?"
Says the voice, now relocated in my head.

I say, simply, "taste is the bittersweet end to it all, touch is to make you feel alone, hearing is for knowing silence, smell is for filtering your last breath and vision is for watching your life pass you by."

The voice in my head subsides
and transforms into
noise
ringing in my ears,
years
and years

pass me by
and I fell right up, out of earth
from the core
to the clouds

only to repeat myself.