<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Consumerism

They slapped me down
And peeled back all my skin
They tore apart my insides
So soon did they begin
They hung me up to dry
And carried me to plastic
They wrapped me down and up
But nothing really drastic

All that I ever wanted was to be alone
I couldn’t help but be exactly where I was
Sure, the pipers caught me
As they sang a sorry tune
But why blame me
Why chose me
When all and everything I did
Was simply to exist

They laid out
Dress and patches
And stuffed me in with latches
I was out and down and deep
In no shape for recovery

Still, to this day
I’ll never understand
Or figure out

Why humans
More specifically
Scientifically
Groups of humans
Feel the urge
And need
To classify,
Quantify
And qualify
All that they perceive
When the truth really is
God’s got something up his sleeve