<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Life is such a simple thing, yet we make it so complex.

The words fall out your lips like broken glass
And memories of past
Relationships when we swallowed and shuttered like open windows
Weathering storms
Seeing is believing
And I believe it’s the truth
When we step to the wayside
And open up our lips to kiss
Sentences fade
Away in black and white text
Like imprints of cigarettes
In the bathroom sink
On the bathroom walls
Down the lonely halls
We wait for salvation
And trace across the nation
Waiting for another’s hands

To reach out
To be there
To capture moments
Like ships in bottles
Like pictures of your mother on her wedding day
Or her wedding days

But we know
That the first comes in colors
And the last comes in feelings
The imprints of the others
Lasting through everything

I am who I am
Mostly because of you
I am what I feel
Feeling so awkward, so true
To my heart
True to make sense of it all
As the past fills up around us
And shapes our insides
We curl under covers and
Belong to our insights
And emotions