<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Noises coming from the treeline. (Autumn)

In each other's arms
we shiver
and shake
and quiver
still, even though sheltered
and at peace
the cold works it's way right in
between our pressing skins
holding hands
and limbs

I follow her softly
across the landscape
to the forest
where the birds fluttered away
and the moon
and the stars
lit her frame just enough
to see her cunning beauty
we sat and watched the leaves fall
and heard autumn
come crashing to the forest floor
and i wanted more
i wanted more
she wanted more
we swallowed and we swore
that forever
and for
everything we were
we wouldn't be hurt
we wouldn't be empty

as we sat
and contemplated
we complicated
and compiled our own existence
she was quick on her wit
to say this was it
while i was hesitant
i finally agreed
and gave in

lighting matches from a book
and throwing them down
one by one
she watched me
and slid her silky hair down my coat
skilled her tongue down my throat
and took me to her future
with enough air for us all
to breathe
and hold our lungs forever

I couldn't let her go.