<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


I hate poetry like this.

Don't tell me that you've done it again
and don't come to me for help
just because you can't say a word
and you can't even breathe
without a hand
holding open your mouth

come here
let me show you the truth
let me tell you what it's like
to feel everything happening all at once
to feel the sun rise
and fall in the same heartbeat
come to me
and take my lonely hand
take my head and
pull me
take me with you

it, strangely
feels just the same as always
it, strangely feels
like
i'm losing it all
and gaining it all at once
i can hear my own breath
and the blood flowing through my veins
i can almost hear my thoughts
creating, recreating themselves
and coordinating all their efforts

we're so intelligent
that we made what made us
useless,
that is,
natural selection

instead,
we want and wait for love
we want to be something more
over and over again
truth being

and i know the truth
as you say

our useless time here
is spent
as that
and our love that we create
lives out our lives
in our place