<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Writing the writer.

I was listening to my headphones and falling asleep. She came to me, dreamlike, in the depth of the night. My sleepy eyes opened to see her crouched over me. Her arms were dug in the thin mattress on both my sides.

I wasn't surprised. I knew that I had worked a little game, earlier, at dinner. I played coy and interesting.... irresistible. She took the bait. Smart girls always took the bait. Even Russian smart girls as luck would have it. As fate would have it. So I thought.

She slowly pulled the headphones from my ears. They bounced on the pillow, still screaming artistic emotion and disturbance.
She leaned in close, to what I thought was kiss, and held me tight. She wrapped her skinny arms around my heavy, sleepy body and let her weight fall on my chest.

"Something terribly wrong has happened, and we don't know what." With a soft, frightened curl. "I think that the world is ending, I think that we are going to die, I think that we are going to die......" Her voice trailed off into a soft weep.

"Shit, I thought you were coming to fuck me. Now you're telling me that the world is ending? What the hell is this? What the hell is this? Do you do this to every guest? Is this the prank you pull on everybody? Lame." I roll over "Fuck it then, you'll get no reaction from me. I might look like a dumb ass."

"No, really, get up.... Now."

"Look, if you aren't gonna suck my dick then get out and let me sleep"

Surprisingly enough, she complied and walked out the door.

"World ending? Suck my dick." I whisper to myself as sleep returns.

*********

My IQ was well above average.

*********
Excerpt: "The green on the trees was such a contrast to the giant, phallic, pompous rocket. The grass crunched under my feet as I paced around the hotel courtyard. The weather was perfect. I was in good physical condition. I felt honored to partake in such an interesting invention of man. I felt more alive while leaving earth than I ever did roaming it's lame-ass surface."

*********

It was about six A.M. and the "flight" was scheduled for 10. About 10. I hadn't slept a wink. Actually, at the very least, I was at the bar until about three A.M. Talking to a hooker (as it were).

I brought her home.
Hookers are nice people.

*********