<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Step aside

I want to be there where you are
in that vacant lot
in that shiny car

i want to be there underneath your skin
all tan and warm and thin

i want the moon to come, invited,
crashing down on the rag top
i want the earth to fight back
and stop
spinning
winning
all cloudy and willing

i want to be filling
your heart with expectations
that i could never keep
i want to follow
the path
of my masters
and i want to cause disaster
faster
and faster

i want the letters to turn to words
and the words
to turn to sentences
i want the phrases in places that we can rub our faces in
i want it to start
and start again
i wish for the sun to come
full circle
and stop

it's far i know
but if my wants and wishes
were plates and dishes
then every thing i say
would be washed away
in the dirty water
that is mother
that is father
in the soapy grime
that is here
that is time
and i would like you to hold my hand through it all
i want to make a wish
and i want to make it all
worth wishing for
i want more
and more and more
i want the shore
to come
creeping
scantily to the beach
and the water to my feet
do come
do here come water
and bring me fish
bring me father
who was there
do bring me mother
who cared
aside from alcohol and life
and television

do come sorrow
so i can feel grieve
so i can feel tomorrow
do come fate
and god and light
i want you to come tonight
and show me where
i am
and why i am here
where i exist
here
where i fear every touch of human kind
be kind
sleep entwined with your lover
sleep softly with each other
one another
don't hog the covers
be strong be fatal
be under
and wonder
what was this for
is there any more?