<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Zodiac

From the swallow’s view
Looking down on you
You took your own
And our home and
We tried
To make it ours again
Those poor ribbons didn’t fit
And the glitter held
Just like the gravel
In your teeth

She said she was sorry for the last time
Took a breath and dove under
Exposing her naked flash to the earth
But, I couldn’t bring myself to follow
I couldn’t keep the shivering
And shuttering down
Grain and river
And green
Is this where it ends? Is this
The time?

Falling, fall down
And bleed the colors of your insides
Bleed out your painting
On the countryside
Until the three day mark
When the dark
Wins
And morning comes
And wakes our sleepy bones

Mother, don’t give up on me now
Sell my soul
And barter your best
And bring the life
From the lifeless
Wake
Shake
Revive
You’re still alive.