<$BlogRSDURL$>



Blogger

    Everything © A. Reynolds, 2006-2008.


Car Crashes (caused by cell phones and the like)

I couldn't help but notice
the words in your teeth
the thoughts in your mouth
and the stain on your sheets

I couldn't help but see past the lies
I couldn't help but watch you roll your eyes
I couldn't help but feel emotion
when your hands made the motion
that cast off the day

away and away
went the world, went the earth
to the land of your birth
to the clever deception that lies in conception
to the curled up infant
cuddled in the sheets

but, passed out
you give off a new light
one of ambulance and night
one of cop cars and flash and blight
one of ending to begin
to be and to win

pulling hard on my tie
you whispered in my ear
believe
you unbeliever
you disbeliever......
and that is where I leave her
where I left her